NINE REASONS WHY WE SHOULD TITHE
1. God commands it. In Malachi 3:10, God says, “bring the whole tithe into the storehouse”. The storehouse refers to the place where you worship. The tithe is to be given to your home church, the place where you are spiritually fed. When you give to support charities and other ministries, you should be giving out of your offerings. The whole tithe belongs to the local church.
2. Tithing proves God’s Word is true. God’ says, if you will put Him to the test in tithes and offerings, eventually you will see great blessings overtake your life, even to the point that you will see God open the windows of blessing upon you and your family.
3. God will rebuke the devourer. According to Malachi 3:11, you have an enemy that will steal all your finances, but, when you bring God the whole tithe, and give offerings as He leads you, God will rebuke the enemy. When you become a follower of Jesus Christ, the enemy targets you and your finances. You need God’s help if you’re going to make it financially in today’s world and the tough times that we live in. God actually challenges every believer to “put Him to the test” in their giving, and watch what He does in their lives. It’s time to put God to the test, and watch God’s blessings flow toward you. Do it today!
4. Tithing teaches me to put God first. According to Deuteronomy 14:23, the purpose of tithing is to teach you to always put God first in your life. If God has our finances, then we know He has our hearts. If we refuse to tithe, we prove that He really isn’t first in the first place.
5. Jesus recognized tithing. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus recognized or commended the Pharisees for tithing. Tithing was the only thing they were doing right.
6. Tithing is essential to spiritual growth. God tells us in Luke 16:11, “if therefore you have not been faithful in the use of money, how can you expect Him to entrust greater riches to you?” Many Christians don’t grow spiritually, and remain spiritual babies because they are not faithful to obey God in the tithes and offering.
7. Tithing proves you love the Lord. In 2 Corinthians 8:8, God says that your giving tests the sincerity of your love. You say you love the Lord, but you prove you love him when you give. Talk is cheap, and actions speak louder than words.
8. Tithing is an investment for eternity. In Matthew 6:19, Jesus told us to “store up treasure in heaven.” When you give your tithes and offerings to the Lord’s work, you are investing your money in souls for the Kingdom, and helping to get peopole to heaven.
9. You cannot “out-give” God. In Galatians 6:7, God says, “do not be deceied, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows that he will aslo reap.” God is watching, and whatever you give to Him, He will give back to you. Giving unlocks heaven’s gates on your behalf. You cannot out-give God. The more you give to Him, the more He’ll give back to you.
Repost from : ” Light of the World Christian Center”