True Love Story of Barn Swallows

All photos are copyright the photographer, and may not be used without written permission.

Comments on this portfolio:

Hugh Hill , April 26, 2004; 11:40 P.M.

Wilson I would like to commend you on the fantastic presentation you put together of the barn swallows grief I found it to be a very moving series.

Thanks for sharing this beautifully moving piece of reportage

Regards

Talbert McMullin , August 07, 2004; 01:40 P.M.

This is one of the best examples I have ever seen that demonstrates the enormous power of photography. I hereby declare Wilson Hsu as a”Master Photographer”. Keep shooting Wilson; keep shooting until you are too old to hold a camera or drop dead in the process!

ALFREDO DE Ricolino , December 11, 2004; 06:03 A.M.

the best Photo I have ever seen..It makes everybody somehow little cry I think..thank you very much Wilson

Bilgo jol production -Rouzes- , February 05, 2005; 12:34 A.M.

Very strong images

Jim Adams , July 19, 2005; 07:54 A.M.

Beautiful. Moving. More than simple wildlife photography, this is wildlife documentary at its finest.

John Wayne , November 27, 2005; 09:32 P.M.

Ummmm….

….you do realise that that’s a classic bird copulation pose and the fact that birds mating with their deceased mates is not an uncommon thing at all.

Ian Dangerfield , December 12, 2005; 04:54 P.M.

I know

I knew some like that

Shmil Gandelman , February 26, 2007; 12:25 A.M.

+ + +

Mary Banker , April 12, 2007; 10:02 P.M.

i cried. thank you- for stopping and snapping away- moving and utterly sad

Naseer Fedaee , January 08, 2008; 03:28 A.M.

hello,..

HELLO,DEAR HSU. HOW ARE YOU? WHAT A NICE PHOTOS YOU HAVE ADDED..REALLY HARD TO TAKE..ALL OF THEM ‘R EXCELLENT AND EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPH’S.. WISH BE LIKE THIS…WANT TO SEE MORE YOUR BEST PHOTOS… NASEER FROM AFGHANISTAN.

MJ Gilmartin , January 08, 2008; 08:45 P.M.

Simply Outstanding

A very sad occasion, but as a photographer you really did an outstanding job and this portfolio reveals great insight into the social habits of these birds. Truly I am unlikely to forget these images. Well done.

Judi Howcroft , November 09, 2008; 07:24 A.M.

Poor Birds

Humans holding a loved one while they are dying may look like they are trying to copulate. I think this is a great series of photographs regardless of what is taking place … I’ll call it love. Thanks for sharing. Judi

Image Attachment: fileklkiKE.jpg

Anthony Luke , May 21, 2009; 11:46 A.M.

Please contact me.

Hi Wilson, have been trying to contact you to buy your photos of the barn swallow for Hello! Magazine, but your e-mail supplied by the photo.net website keeps returning a bad address message. Could you please contact me at the following address, thanks. <anthony.luke@hola.com>

Trisha Jean-Angela , August 01, 2010; 03:20 A.M.

Your series on the grief of the Barn Swallows is so beautifully told through your eyes. Magnificent and truly heart-breaking work. Thank you for sharing. I hope to see more of your work.

ophelia anderling , April 20, 2011; 04:02 P.M.

Just asking how it went further

Dear Wilson,

Today I saw your amazing and moving photo ‘s of the swallow’s tragedie and I wondered…did sombody took care of the little ones in the nest later on? I meen, the male bird is probably not capeble of feeding them all on his own…